Stemcells are all the buzz but for over a decade amniotic patches from the healthy birth of a consenting mother and child delivery have used or been used in the treatment of several modalities including but not limited to or currently in IRB;s or Research Studies for:
Medical Conditions Might Be Aided by MSC Exosomes, Stem Cells and Wharton Jelly derived form a health pregnancy after birth of a consenting mother.
- Musculoskeletal – Joints, discs, muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons
- Neurodegenerative – MS, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, ALS, Cerebellar Ataxia
- CNS Injury/Trauma – CVA, CTE, TBI, SCI, Transverse Myelitis, Cerebellar Ataxia
- Heart Disease – MI, Angina, CHF
- Lung Disease – COPD, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Interstitial Lung Disease
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s
- Alopecia or Hair Loss
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Cerebral Palsy/Seizure Disorders/Autism
- Numerous Aesthetic Applications
- Depression/Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Addiction
- Type II Diabetes Mellitus
As most stem cells for treatment have not been approved by FDA the amniotic patch does have a CPT code 65778 for the placement of these patches on the ocular surface without sutures performed by a medical optometrist andIs indicated by your eye doctor. However a recent study shows 97% of Optometrist surveyed do not do medical treatments, so if you have one of the above conditions you will wanna find a medical optometrist who has advanced training and amniotic patches on the ocular surface.
There are several FDA registered tissue labs that make the amniotic patch for use for the above conditions but will need to be ordered by and approved in advanced training medical eye doctor.
Have a great day.